Jun 25, 2012

Carny Invasion

Well, another Fairbank Days has come and gone.  I am really glad that it is only 3 days a year.  Not sure how much more draft Coors Light I could handle.  I would say the weekend went off, for the most part, without a hitch.  The parade was nice, the carnival itself left a little to be desired.  Only about 5 rides, and only 1 food truck!  My wife had to wait in line for EVER to get her yearly funnel cake.  The car show had some amazing rides, much more than last year.  And it seemed like all day on Saturday, we narrowly dodged the rain.

The most exciting part of the weekend for me was when my favorite band from last year showed up.  They decided not to wait for any of the locals to guide them across the river to the island, and ended up sideways, with their suburban and equipment trailer completely soaked.  When they were finally pulled from the river and opened their doors, water poured out like crazy.  Then they proceeded to unload all of their dripping equipment and instruments, let it all dry out, and still played a great show.  They started about an hour late, but they got the job done. 

Now tonight it is back to reality for me, back to work.  Should be a fairly easy week, but you never know.  When you are shipping 1.5 to 2.5 million pounds of fresh pork, anything can happen, and usually does.  Well, so long for now. 

No comments: