Jun 4, 2012

11 Days Off...and a wedding!

So, my second "vacation" of the year. I currently get 3 weeks of paid vacation per year, which is better than some I suppose, and not as good as others. Not a whole lot has gone on thus far, relaxing and hanging out with the family. Baseball and softball games and practices, grilling out more often than not, catching up on some movies and tv, and not getting enough exercise. We will be heading back home on Wednesday, and will be trying to pack tons of visits and plans into a smidge over 5 days. It will be our first trip home with our new dog, Raji (which could turn out to be pretty interesting). And he smells like absolute HELL as he has had a cast on his leg going on 4 weeks now. (He was a stray/abandoned, we took him in and are trying to fix his broken right femur bone, while giving him a loving family).

Most excited for my neice Alicia...she is getting married to her fiance Joe and I am so happy for them both. I can't believe how old everyone is getting. It seems like yesterday I was babysitting Alicia and left her on the couch (barricaded with some pillows, or so I thought) to run and warm up a bottle for her. While the bottle was in the microwave, I heard a thump, and my heart sank. Then came the 3 to 4 second pause, then the blood curdling scream. I felt horrible! I thought that I had just given my beautiful little neice brain damage. I knew nothing about concussions, but knew you were supposed to check pupils, and I did, repeatedly with a flashlight. She was fine (probably damaged her eyes more than her head with all of the pupil checks) and has turned into an amazing young woman. We all love you Alicia and hope you always have what you want and what you need! Can't wait for Saturday!

No comments: